Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Simply Tuesday by Emily P. Freeman Review




  
“Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.” 
Matthew 11:28-30 - The Message

Emily Freeman's book Simply Tuesday is an invitation to live in Matthew 11:28-30.  She gently leads her reader through the process of recognizing some of our common burdens and relationship barriers and ridding them from our lives.  Her honesty and venerability make this a safe experience that offers relief and hope and rest.  There are so many nuggets of wisdom in each chapter that I am still contemplating the content.  I believe it will be a book that I return to every so often so as to remind myself or learn to a greater degree how to live in the small, the simple and the easy yoke.  

I was fortunate to receive an advanced reader copy to preview.  The book is available for pre order at a discounted price at the time I am writing this.  Distribution starts August 15, 2015.  Here is the link to Amazon if you are interested: http://www.amazon.com/Simply-Tuesday-Small-Moment-Living-Fast-Moving/dp/0800722450  I highly recommend you read this and that you do it slowly.




No comments:

Post a Comment